The Maw
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Maw

Join the Ultimate Halo forum. Explore the inner depths of the Halo Megastructure, and realize your true potential as the savior of humanity

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

British Social Realist films Dissertation Research

Go down 
AuthorMessage
matthew
Unngoy
Unngoy

Male
Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2011-03-15

British Social Realist films Dissertation Research Empty
PostSubject: British Social Realist films Dissertation Research   British Social Realist films Dissertation Research Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 4:16 am

I am undergraduate Media Production student at Bournemouth University, UK. For my dissertation I am studying British social realist film. The title of my dissertation is 'Does British social realist film-making still exist?' I am writing about the history of Social Realism in Britain, explaining how and why previous films were social realist. Part of the dissertation is a case study on contemporary social realist films. For some much needed primary research in this area I have constructed a questionnaire to see what people think of recent social realist films. If as many of you as possible can take some time to answer the questions I would be truly grateful as I need a wide range of answers.

The films I am looking at are the recent releases, Andrea Arnold's 'Fish Tank' (2009), Loach's 'Looking For Eric' (2009) and Leigh's 'Happy Go Lucky' (2008).

1. Why do you think these films are considered social realism?

2. What would you say are the themes in each film that give them the social realist title?

Back to top Go down

British Social Realist films Dissertation Research
Page 1 of 1