The Maw
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Maw

Join the Ultimate Halo forum. Explore the inner depths of the Halo Megastructure, and realize your true potential as the savior of humanity

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Halo: Command and Control (Beta Test Slot)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ORDINATOR
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
ORDINATOR

Male
Number of posts : 1181
Registration date : 2007-07-29

Halo: Command and Control (Beta Test Slot) Empty
PostSubject: Halo: Command and Control (Beta Test Slot)   Halo: Command and Control (Beta Test Slot) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 6:33 pm

This is where the first organized battle will be held. A list of the players and a image of the map will be posted in this post once that has been sorted.

Edit: This is the Beta Testing Slot where i will start a game and test it and any further modifications made before other players can play with the modified rules. The Testers for this thread are ORDINATOR, talrasha and Ryknow69 (NO OTHER PERSON CAN POST IN HERE). any questions or sign ups please post in the Sign ups thread.

Last edited by on Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ORDINATOR
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
ORDINATOR

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Command and Control (Beta Test Slot)   Halo: Command and Control (Beta Test Slot) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 6:07 am

ok so here is the map, this is the part to be tested terrain is intractable. Trees give resource bonuses to Humans, Hills give the same bonus to Covenant, mountains are Impassable, Rivers are Impassable except for the little red Bridges. Drop ships may pass over such obstacles. ok so I'm looking for an opinion from my two other testers (PLEASE no one else post in here) is that map good, if not what changes should i make?

Light Green: Grassy field
Dark Green: Trees
Brown: Hills
Grey: Mountains
Blue: River
Red: Bridge

Halo: Command and Control (Beta Test Slot) MapforHaloGameBetaTestcopy-2

I'll edit the map as we go in this post. Ry your HQ still needs to be clarified too.

Edit: Trees and Hills give the same bonus as industry (doubled if industry is built) to the respective race.

RESTART: "Please look on page 3, 3rd post." You will find this is were the game restarts.

Last edited by ORDINATOR on Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:33 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
ryknow69
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
ryknow69

Male
Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Command and Control (Beta Test Slot)   Halo: Command and Control (Beta Test Slot) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 10:21 pm

i got other ideas, for ppl who really want a clearer view, i will edit the 2 pics into this post tomorrow, but i used paint to get a feel

Woodlands
Halo: Command and Control (Beta Test Slot) HaloRTSWoodLand

One-Way
Halo: Command and Control (Beta Test Slot) HaloRTSOneWay

Grey-Bridges
Dark Green-Hills
Bright Green-Trees
Brown-Mountains
Purple-Hilly Trees
Blue-Water
Back to top Go down
ORDINATOR
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
ORDINATOR

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Command and Control (Beta Test Slot)   Halo: Command and Control (Beta Test Slot) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 4:55 am

well those maps are good but they need to be grid squares to be usable for this game. as different units move different numbers of squares and buildings occupy squares and stuff. so yeah these ain't usable they may be useful to give people ideas on what their battlefield looks like in the RPG's though like you could draw and example battlefield to help people imagine where their character is and what their character can do.

so are you fine with my map for the battle if so we will start the setup of the game. to start though pick two numbers on a dice (its how I'm deciding who gets to pick places first)
Back to top Go down
ryknow69
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
ryknow69

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Command and Control (Beta Test Slot)   Halo: Command and Control (Beta Test Slot) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 9:53 pm

unfortantly your idea is flawed, as i can just pick 6 and 6 and get the highest, un less you have a number picked, then i choose 3 and 4
Back to top Go down
ORDINATOR
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
ORDINATOR

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Command and Control (Beta Test Slot)   Halo: Command and Control (Beta Test Slot) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 12:52 am

you have to pick separate numbers on a six sided dice. i roll the dice and see who picks their five spots first then the next person picks theirs and so on. so do you want the numbers 3 and 4?
Back to top Go down
ryknow69
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
ryknow69

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Command and Control (Beta Test Slot)   Halo: Command and Control (Beta Test Slot) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 7:41 am

hmmmm, i got a better idea, u, ORD, pick a number 1-20, then let us choose, i choose 11
Back to top Go down
ORDINATOR
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
ORDINATOR

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Command and Control (Beta Test Slot)   Halo: Command and Control (Beta Test Slot) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 6:58 pm

hows that gonna work?

(i knew i should have just made it me 1,2 Talrasha 3,4 and Ry 5,6 and do it that way i just done it then and got it as Me first then Ry second then talrasha last)
Back to top Go down
ryknow69
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
ryknow69

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Command and Control (Beta Test Slot)   Halo: Command and Control (Beta Test Slot) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 1:43 am

ok, lets discuss order later and go with that
Back to top Go down
ORDINATOR
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
ORDINATOR

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Command and Control (Beta Test Slot)   Halo: Command and Control (Beta Test Slot) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 1:50 am

better decide which forces we are using too. (normally that would be done in sign ups but yeah)

I'll use UNSC forces. and i pick B4, B5, B6, C5, C6. My HQ will be on B5

(i just though of something, we could pick colors and i can put little flags on the squares we own as we go what do you think) ok Ry you can pick your places then I'll get talrasha on to chose his.
Back to top Go down
ryknow69
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
ryknow69

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Command and Control (Beta Test Slot)   Halo: Command and Control (Beta Test Slot) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 12:23 am

kk

I11
H10
H11
I10
B1-HQ

Covenant

Orange
Back to top Go down
ORDINATOR
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
ORDINATOR

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Command and Control (Beta Test Slot)   Halo: Command and Control (Beta Test Slot) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 2:32 am

HQ on B1? shouldn't that be an I or H and somewhere near the rest of your base?
Back to top Go down
talrasha
Unngoy
Unngoy
talrasha

Male
Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Command and Control (Beta Test Slot)   Halo: Command and Control (Beta Test Slot) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 2:44 am

covenant: black

hq: j15
j14, j13, i14, i15
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/warpfeild
ryknow69
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
ryknow69

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Command and Control (Beta Test Slot)   Halo: Command and Control (Beta Test Slot) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 2:55 am

no, i want it B1
Back to top Go down
ORDINATOR
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
ORDINATOR

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Command and Control (Beta Test Slot)   Halo: Command and Control (Beta Test Slot) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 7:57 am

ok then I'll update the map then I'll start the turn and make my first go.
Back to top Go down
ORDINATOR
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
ORDINATOR

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Command and Control (Beta Test Slot)   Halo: Command and Control (Beta Test Slot) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 6:13 am

oh Ry you need to PM me with the placement of your Barracks (i know i shouldn't know being a player but yeah i can't do much about that)

(sorry about double posts in here or the sign ups, Avid, PoR and Aft but its sort of necessary)

START OF FIRST TURN

I am moving a unit from B4 to B3, C5 to C4, C6 to C7, B6 to C6 and B5 to A5. I'm building structures in B4, B6 and C6.
Back to top Go down
ryknow69
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
ryknow69

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Command and Control (Beta Test Slot)   Halo: Command and Control (Beta Test Slot) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 7:11 am

ooooo =D, i 1st need to read the rules Razz but as for barracks, H11, i want to rape talrasha till he begs to leave MY planet =P (hypatheticly)
Back to top Go down
ORDINATOR
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
ORDINATOR

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Command and Control (Beta Test Slot)   Halo: Command and Control (Beta Test Slot) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 7:31 am

your suppose to PM it so its secret but i guess that it is a bit pointless doing that seeing as though your fighting me. i guess to be fair i should tell you where my stuff is too.

and its a Battle Training Yard lol my bad. Razz
Back to top Go down
ryknow69
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
ryknow69

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Command and Control (Beta Test Slot)   Halo: Command and Control (Beta Test Slot) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 11:32 pm

ehh, who cares for names, i got a test tomorrow, so after it, i will read te rules and post my addings, and when u move troops, make a star on the map, u must update the map everytime u read this forum
Back to top Go down
ORDINATOR
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
ORDINATOR

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Command and Control (Beta Test Slot)   Halo: Command and Control (Beta Test Slot) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 6:28 pm

I was planning on updating the map at the end of turn 1 (when everyone has their first turn) as no one really has first go, it all sort of happens at the same time. So when you post what you want to do and talrasha dose the same I'll end turn 1, tell people results of the turns actions and start the next turn. I'll be updating the map while I'm doing the results bit. You should have had a PM about this too i think, i asked you a question in it, that affects the game.
Back to top Go down
ryknow69
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
ryknow69

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Command and Control (Beta Test Slot)   Halo: Command and Control (Beta Test Slot) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 8:58 pm

so yea, my 1st turn >_> i dont want to do anything but buy a training yard
Back to top Go down
ORDINATOR
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
ORDINATOR

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Command and Control (Beta Test Slot)   Halo: Command and Control (Beta Test Slot) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 4:31 am

hey cause you have to give details of your turn I'm gonna share mine too, only fair. in my turn i moved Rookies to all those places i said i did lol. i built industry on the other 3 tiles of mine, i purchase 4 marine units and they are appearing in my barracks next turn.
Back to top Go down
ryknow69
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
ryknow69

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Command and Control (Beta Test Slot)   Halo: Command and Control (Beta Test Slot) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 1:01 pm

yea, turn 1, simply make a yard at H11, and a indust or whtever the covi call it at my HQ, B1
Back to top Go down
ryknow69
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
ryknow69

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Command and Control (Beta Test Slot)   Halo: Command and Control (Beta Test Slot) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 1:05 pm

second post =P
To show inf, use an Icon, like a helmet with a number, number determines what it is, a second number determines how many in that square, if there is only 1 unit, dont put any 2nd number

IE: with a 32 in it=I own 2 Grunts(or grunt squads) in that spot

and for industry a other things, add a letter in the flag

IE: I for industry, B for barracks and training yard, etc, etc
Back to top Go down
ORDINATOR
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
ORDINATOR

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Command and Control (Beta Test Slot)   Halo: Command and Control (Beta Test Slot) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 11:23 pm

i had intended it as only one building per square (its even in the rules with gird squares but I'll add it to building rules too), to represent a complex (facility) being dedicated to training troops and stuff. cause on a map the size that it is it seems a bit big of an idea cause then someone could have their entire base in a square and it would be hard to get them out of the square.
i didn't want to record numbers of units moving about due to the fact that there are many different types of troops.
i mean i have a word file that i use as a record of what everyone has done, and i encourage others to keep a record of what they are doing to but yeah i don't want to clutter up the map.

so yeah your gonna have to chose other squares you own for your buildings. and then your done for turn 1, then we just need Talrasha to post his turn. then turn 2.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Command and Control (Beta Test Slot)   Halo: Command and Control (Beta Test Slot) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Halo: Command and Control (Beta Test Slot)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next