The Maw
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Maw

Join the Ultimate Halo forum. Explore the inner depths of the Halo Megastructure, and realize your true potential as the savior of humanity

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

4th Grenade Type and Flamethrower

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Captain-Keyes
Kig 'Yar
Kig 'Yar
Captain-Keyes

Male
Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2007-06-16

4th Grenade Type and Flamethrower Empty
PostSubject: 4th Grenade Type and Flamethrower   4th Grenade Type and Flamethrower Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 2:12 pm

4th Grenade Type and Flamethrower Firebombvu4

Type-3 Antipersonnel / Antimateriel Incendiary Grenade

Official Designation: Type-3 AP/AM
Length (o/a): 30.5 cm (12 in.)
Weight : 3.6 kg (8 lbs)
Filler: Unknown
Killing radius: 13.4 meters (8 ft)

Unit Replacement Cost: cR. NA

Description:
The type-3 incendiary grenade is used to destroy materiel. The filler of the type-3 AP/AM grenade burns for 4.5 seconds and can damage, immobilize, or destroy vehicles, weapon systems, or munitions. It can also be used to temporarily block enemy movement through restrictive areas. It has acquired the monikers “Molotov” and “firebomb”.

Observations:
The type-3 incendiary grenade can be thrown 10 meters by the average soldier. The casing of the device is converted to a molten state, which burns at approximately 2200 °C. It must be noted that looking directly at the incendiary grenade as it burns; the intensity of the light is potentially hazardous to the retina.

Remarks:
“The filler seems to be a liquid or a gel or something; it dissipates pretty rapidly under water—I don’t know how it would behave in hard vacuum.”

“It doesn’t burn under water—unless it’s already on something and burning. A thermite grenade will burn under water and that crap has been around forever. Hey, is it just me or does Brute tech seem to be all over the map? Either there’s no info sharing on Brutonia or something bad happened.”

“It sure don’t seem like it was meant for burnin’ materiel, seems more like it was meant for burnin’ personnel.”

“Baby Kongs use ‘em exclusively as eh pea grenades. Actually Kongs tend to capture or abandon material more often than they deny it. ”

“None of the other alien foxtrots use ‘em. Either the bravo kilos don’t trust ‘em with ‘em or the rest of ‘em ain’t as keen on burnin’ folk as kilos are.”

Flamethrower...
4th Grenade Type and Flamethrower Flamethrower2ag3

M7057 / Defoliant Projector

Official Designation: M7057/DP
Length (o/a): 116.8 cm (46 in.)
Weight (empty): 45.8 kg (101 lbs)
Weight (loaded): 55.5 kg (122.5 lbs)
Cartridge: Pyrosene-V
Max. effective range: 13.4 meters (44 ft)
Magazine capacity: 9 x three-second bursts

Unit Replacement Cost: cR. 1,520.00

Description:
The M7057/DP is a standard chemical flamethrower, which projects and ignites a stream of a volatile, semi-liquid fuel. Flamethrowers are cumbersome and relatively difficult to use (psychologically as well as mechanically).

Observations:
Referring to the M7057/DP as a weapon[1] is a bit of a misnomer as the dee pea in its nomenclature indicate that it is a defoliant projector—to be used to rapidly clear away heavy foliage for in-theater construction projects and to destroy new or persistent growth from emplaced and/or hardened military assets. That having been said; despite being all but obsolete militarily its effectiveness as a psychological weapon is undeniable—unfortunately the psychological effect is a double-edged sword.

Remarks:
“makes short work of weeds and thickets—but I wouldn’t carry one into combat. Not on your life.”

“I can see where it would be real effective in ousting dug in troops, but you aren’t gonna be making any friends using it that way.”

“I don’t see where carrying around a big can of super-flammable stuff right next to my xxxx is such a good idea.”

“You know those things ship with a cart, right? You aren’t expected to carry them anywhere… they are not a weapon that you use on people… not even on alien people.”

“I hate me some baby kongs, and I will kill every man Jack of ‘em that I see, but I don’t think I could burn ‘em—best to draw the line somewhere and that seems like it.”

“Foxtrots die pretty quick once you put the fire to ‘em. We ought ‘a burn ‘em all. Low-life bastards. Burn all those low-life alien foxtrots.”

“Gotta get too close for it to be any use offensively—if you’re gonna use it as a weapon best to use it in a defensive role—fill up passages and weak-points in your perimeter with fire.”

“It takes a certain kind’a lunatic to use a flamethrower… all I’m sayin’.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[1] That the M7057/DP has been frequently pressed into service as a primitive energy weapon of sorts is a distressing but irrefutable fact. It is one in a very small number of items available to UNSC personnel that remotely earmarks the user for a full battery of psychological tests.

4th Grenade Type and Flamethrower Flamethrowerxx3
Back to top Go down
Spartan-020
Jiralhanae
Jiralhanae
Spartan-020

Male
Number of posts : 607
Registration date : 2007-07-24

4th Grenade Type and Flamethrower Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4th Grenade Type and Flamethrower   4th Grenade Type and Flamethrower Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 5:58 pm

yeah we knew bout the flamethrower but the new nade sounds like it may be useful.
Back to top Go down

4th Grenade Type and Flamethrower
Page 1 of 1