The Maw
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Maw

Join the Ultimate Halo forum. Explore the inner depths of the Halo Megastructure, and realize your true potential as the savior of humanity

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What Is Noob?

Go down 
+8
talrasha
Prophet of Reality
ORDINATOR
AvidWriter117
Spartan 117
Donny
RougeSpartan414
Rainbow Chicken 28
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rainbow Chicken 28
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
Rainbow Chicken 28

Female
Number of posts : 1427
Registration date : 2007-08-02

What Is Noob? Empty
PostSubject: What Is Noob?   What Is Noob? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 7:30 pm

Over in the other topic I started, people are bagging out weapons that they classify as "Noob" weapons. I want to know what is classified as such a thing and why, and for a sound definition of "noob" as it will undoubtably vary from member to member.
Back to top Go down
http://haloinhighheels.forumotion.com/
RougeSpartan414
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
RougeSpartan414

Male
Number of posts : 837
Registration date : 2007-07-31

What Is Noob? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Is Noob?   What Is Noob? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 12:55 am

well there are many defintions and different words meaning the same thing.
Noob- a annoyance.
Newb- a new person.
n00b- the worst kind, combination of all of them and then some.
Back to top Go down
Donny
Unngoy
Unngoy

Male
Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2007-06-26

What Is Noob? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Is Noob?   What Is Noob? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 8:02 am

technically, its a Newbie. So, actually, almost everybody is wrong when they call someone a noob because they might not be new at all. However, it has become the term people use for anybody who somebody doesn't like, or thinks is bad at a game.
Back to top Go down
Spartan 117
Sangheili
Sangheili
Spartan 117

Male
Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2007-08-13

What Is Noob? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Is Noob?   What Is Noob? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 9:15 am

Well i know one "Noob"weapon in halo: Rocket Launcher(1 hits everything But Vehicles) like if your playing online(pc or xbox live) someone could come around the corner(you got your most favorite weapons) and blow you up and take them
Back to top Go down
AvidWriter117
Gravemind
Gravemind
AvidWriter117

Male
Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2007-06-10

What Is Noob? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Is Noob?   What Is Noob? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 9:49 am

Noob: Major Annoyance
Newb: someonwho cannot help being new at somethingfor example.
n00b: Someone thinks they are cool, and thinks they are the best at everything, but are actually really annoying and suck. Very Happy

Razz Hope that helps.

Newb/noob weapons are just weapons that are so strong that they take barely any skill to handle. Rocket Launcher, Sniper Rifle(in some cases), Sword, Fuel Rod Cannon.
Back to top Go down
http://halogenerations.heavenforum.com
ORDINATOR
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
ORDINATOR

Male
Number of posts : 1181
Registration date : 2007-07-29

What Is Noob? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Is Noob?   What Is Noob? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 3:44 am

really calling a weapon a newb/noob weapon is rather insulting to those who actually have those weapons as their favorite. my friend uses a sniper and rocket launcher combo. hes no newbie hes rather experienced like me and just uses those weapons cause they are his favorite and its smart to use such strong weapons.

which is why i cant understand why people would call them noob. cause really those weapons are smart things to use. there is no point using the weakest guns cause you ain't gonna do squat against a tank with a pistol however you will with the "noob" rocket launcher. but in that case its not really a noob choice cause i would use rocket launcher above pistol in that cause as well. in the end there ain't really noob weapons just noob weapon use in certain situations (and again sometime you just don't intend on using the weapon like that ie my friend walks around the corner with a rocket launcher and i surprise him of course I'm gonna get a rocket to the face). like you guys have pointed out in your posts.

also the Noob weapon thing is rather insulting to some people, ie my friend of whom i mentioned earlier. i think that saying that someones weapon choices are noob choices should not be allowed. cause that would offend people and drive them away (not good for a newly starting community).
Back to top Go down
Rainbow Chicken 28
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
Rainbow Chicken 28

Female
Number of posts : 1427
Registration date : 2007-08-02

What Is Noob? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Is Noob?   What Is Noob? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 5:16 am

I'd actually say that a sniper takes a fair bit of skill to handle. Sure, it doesn't take a lot to kill someone with it, but that's only once you've got the right shot, and that can be hard sometimes. Some people are naturally gifted at such things and can sniper someone in the head without trying. But even some people who have been playing for ages can take a while to line up the perfect shot, and by the time they've done that they've been hit by enemies three times.
Back to top Go down
http://haloinhighheels.forumotion.com/
RougeSpartan414
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
RougeSpartan414

Male
Number of posts : 837
Registration date : 2007-07-31

What Is Noob? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Is Noob?   What Is Noob? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 5:18 am

I don't consider any weapon a noob weapon, or a noob combo, just glitching is bad.
Back to top Go down
Prophet of Reality
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
Prophet of Reality

Male
Number of posts : 1564

What Is Noob? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Is Noob?   What Is Noob? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 12:40 pm

To Ordinator: yes obviously u would use a RL against a tank because it would be the better weapon against a tank.. but it is considered "noob" when ppl use it all the time... that they go to where the RLs are always located and always use it... that thats their only weapon... which makes it noobish cause the RL can practically beat anybody no matter how good u are.... we are not trying to call the person that likes to wield this weapon a noob but that they know that using weapon all the time is considered noobish and that they should try other weapons... in conclusion if all u use is a RL and u never try out anything else then yes u are considered a "noob" cause it really doesnt take as much skill as using a BR to kill someone... as long as ur friend uses other weapons besides an RL ( Swords are also kinda on the noobish side) then they are perfectly unnoobish...
Back to top Go down
talrasha
Unngoy
Unngoy
talrasha

Male
Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2007-08-15

What Is Noob? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Is Noob?   What Is Noob? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 7:23 pm

the fact that using rl is "noob" is your own opinion, and therefore is irrelevant to the conversation. this is my opinion and it is relevant. yours isnt cause i said so, my is cause i also say so.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/warpfeild
ORDINATOR
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
ORDINATOR

Male

What Is Noob? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Is Noob?   What Is Noob? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 7:42 pm

Prophet of Reality wrote:
To Ordinator: yes obviously u would use a RL against a tank because it would be the better weapon against a tank.. but it is considered "noob" when ppl use it all the time... that they go to where the RLs are always located and always use it... that thats their only weapon... which makes it noobish cause the RL can practically beat anybody no matter how good u are.... we are not trying to call the person that likes to wield this weapon a noob but that they know that using weapon all the time is considered noobish and that they should try other weapons... in conclusion if all u use is a RL and u never try out anything else then yes u are considered a "noob" cause it really doesnt take as much skill as using a BR to kill someone... as long as ur friend uses other weapons besides an RL ( Swords are also kinda on the noobish side) then they are perfectly unnoobish...

apart of liking a weapon is to use it all the time or at least more than any other weapon dose that make a person who likes to use a rocket launchers a noob? and dose the use it all the time or more than any other weapon make him a noob added on to the fact that his other favorite is a sniper rifle and hes generally using them 90% of the time.

also to prove that using the rocket launcher is not easy to kill people i have the following real example. i was playing on the map Headlong map in a tank in the center of the map (the big dirt area). i was versing three other people all of which at that time had rocket launchers. all of them are in buildings all firing at me. now each rocket launcher had about 4 rockets in each on standard shields it takes 2-3 rockets to kill someone in a tank. (granted these are consecutive hits but that shouldn't be hard for three decently experienced people (decent meaning passed heroic difficulty) with rockets) by the end of it i had killed all three and they had only barely hurt me. all their rockets had been used. they simply missed. now that was a real account and it shows that even skilled people can miss and be useless using a rocket launcher. proving that even if you love rockets and use them all the time you can still do nothing. hence defeating your definition of noob. (note this is not the only account of me kicking ass against rocket launchers, also I'm using myself as an example of experienced player, my experiance being since Halo CE was out and on average playing heroic difficulty for fun passing with ease.)
Back to top Go down
AvidWriter117
Gravemind
Gravemind
AvidWriter117

Male

What Is Noob? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Is Noob?   What Is Noob? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 8:30 pm

talrasha wrote:
the fact that using rl is "noob" is your own opinion, and therefore is irrelevant to the conversation. this is my opinion and it is relevant. yours isnt cause i said so, my is cause i also say so.
WTF...?
That...that was a joke, right?
Back to top Go down
Prophet of Reality
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
Prophet of Reality

Male
Number of posts : 1564

What Is Noob? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Is Noob?   What Is Noob? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 8:39 pm

well w.e....
Back to top Go down
Ididyamom
Unngoy
Unngoy

Male
Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-01-13

What Is Noob? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Is Noob?   What Is Noob? Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 4:43 pm

wow, tihs may have been months ago, but damn, u guys talked like a dictionary on noobs/newbs/n00bs
Back to top Go down
ORDINATOR
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
ORDINATOR

Male

What Is Noob? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Is Noob?   What Is Noob? Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 6:44 pm

lol. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
AvidWriter117
Gravemind
Gravemind
AvidWriter117

Male

What Is Noob? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Is Noob?   What Is Noob? Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 8:43 pm

RougeSpartan414 wrote:
well there are many defintions and different words meaning the same thing.
Noob- a annoyance.
Newb- a new person.
n00b- the worst kind, combination of all of them and then some.

This is subject to debate, since (technically, and litterally) noob, newb, or n00b simply mean a new person. Over the years, however, they have adopted the above meanings.
n00b, however, is simply a variation of noob.
Back to top Go down
Afthotstreak719
San 'Shyuum
San 'Shyuum
Afthotstreak719

Male
Number of posts : 2211
Registration date : 2007-06-18

What Is Noob? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Is Noob?   What Is Noob? Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 9:42 am

... i always knew it as new person or beginner. like you suck you stupid nub get the hell out.

but its actually debatable? well then again anything is debatable just depends how bored you are.
Back to top Go down
ryknow69
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
ryknow69

Male
Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-07-14

What Is Noob? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Is Noob?   What Is Noob? Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 4:24 pm

yep =D
Back to top Go down
Afthotstreak719
San 'Shyuum
San 'Shyuum
Afthotstreak719

Male

What Is Noob? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Is Noob?   What Is Noob? Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 5:01 pm

man we are really bored aren't we.
Back to top Go down
ORDINATOR
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
ORDINATOR

Male

What Is Noob? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Is Noob?   What Is Noob? Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 7:02 pm

the majority of the time its inteded for insult.

and i don't really get bored about this topic cause i'm normally defending my friends.
Back to top Go down
Trotun
Jiralhanae
Jiralhanae

Male
Number of posts : 528
Registration date : 2007-07-06

What Is Noob? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Is Noob?   What Is Noob? Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 8:11 pm

I play at blackoutRO and noob is used for all three definitions.

There's one spot where everytime I go there I get squashed by a player before my even screen loads. Then he's all "haha n00b" This happened 3 times in a row. It makes me angry. *takes a deep breath*
Back to top Go down
Afthotstreak719
San 'Shyuum
San 'Shyuum
Afthotstreak719

Male

What Is Noob? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Is Noob?   What Is Noob? Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 8:40 pm

.. that sucks.
Back to top Go down
AvidWriter117
Gravemind
Gravemind
AvidWriter117

Male

What Is Noob? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Is Noob?   What Is Noob? Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 8:41 pm

Trotun wrote:
I play at blackoutRO and noob is used for all three definitions.

There's one spot where everytime I go there I get squashed by a player before my even screen loads. Then he's all "haha n00b" This happened 3 times in a row. It makes me angry. *takes a deep breath*
If you're not even getting a chance to play him fair and square, that doesn't make you a noob Wink
I don't normally mean it in a derogatory sense. I call myself a noob about a lot of things.
Back to top Go down
Afthotstreak719
San 'Shyuum
San 'Shyuum
Afthotstreak719

Male

What Is Noob? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Is Noob?   What Is Noob? Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 8:49 pm

why would you call yourself a noob?
Back to top Go down
ryknow69
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
ryknow69

Male
Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-07-14

What Is Noob? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Is Noob?   What Is Noob? Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 8:57 pm

noob as in newb
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What Is Noob? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Is Noob?   What Is Noob? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Is Noob?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Maw :: Off Topic :: General Discussion-
Jump to: