The Maw
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Maw

Join the Ultimate Halo forum. Explore the inner depths of the Halo Megastructure, and realize your true potential as the savior of humanity

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Help Thread

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Prophet of Reality
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
Prophet of Reality

Male
Number of posts : 1564
Registration date : 2007-06-10

Help Thread Empty
PostSubject: Help Thread   Help Thread Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2007 10:03 pm

This is a thread where anyone can discuss help they need on this forum or any other general help needed

Plz keep everything clean and DO NOT flame anyone for his or her problems.

- Thanks,
Prophet of Reality
Back to top Go down
http://halogenerations.heavenforum.com
Purych
Unngoy
Unngoy
Purych

Male
Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2007-06-13

Help Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Thread   Help Thread Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2007 11:20 pm

it would make more sense to make a new thread for each individual problem so people don't have to look though all of these and so the old ones dont stay on top. But i guess this works too, sighs.

I think you just want your post count up so you make useless threads....
Back to top Go down
Royale
Unngoy
Unngoy
Royale

Male
Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2007-06-11

Help Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Thread   Help Thread Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2007 11:58 pm

Chill dude. With this forum being relatively small, we will merge more items.

Its like packing overstock:

If there is relatively low amount of items, you could fit them all on one palette. If we have many more items, we have to put similar items on different palettes to keep things organized.

like i said, with the forum being small, we should keep posts in topics similar to the topics at hand.
Back to top Go down
Purych
Unngoy
Unngoy
Purych

Male

Help Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Thread   Help Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2007 5:03 am

Think about the transition. It'll be hectic. You need to plan for the future....
Also, I also came up with another idea why this style of posting sucks. If someone is going to offer help, they are going to have to state the page, the poster and the number from the top. Even if the forum is small this could end bad. If 3 people post 3 questions, and 3 people answer at the same time, well, you can image how confusing this would be and there would be numerous replys like, WTF M8?

I know u guys think I am flaming your site, but in all honesty, if I didn't like it I would just leave. I am just trying to give an outside opinion. Theres nothing I'd like to see more than see this community grow.
Back to top Go down
Legionary
Unngoy
Unngoy
Legionary

Male
Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-06-14

Help Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Thread   Help Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2007 11:37 am

Purych wrote:
If 3 people post 3 questions, and 3 people answer at the same time, well, you can image how confusing this would be and there would be numerous replys like, WTF M8?

That's why we have the quote button. Wink
Back to top Go down
Prophet of Reality
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
Prophet of Reality

Male

Help Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Thread   Help Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2007 3:50 pm

goddamn it Purych ur starting to piss me off!!! every where i go on this forum ur putting the admins down ( especially me!! ) and i have tried to keep my cool and tell you to chill but u just sent me over the edge.!!! will u just shutup!! stop complaining... it is rare to find a single post in this forum where ur not complaining.... ok.... can plz just stop complaining... if we need to have a drastic change we will have it... it is our problem.. not urs.. and u keep on saying that i make these just to earn posts well i dont need to do that why would i care.... and if u were actually smart than u would know that if people keep on making their own threads than that is just more spam... and than u never know.... someone could answer the person's problem in the next post... and than that thread is totally useless... and than i have to delete it... i dont want pointless threads just hanging about... its better i have one thread.. where u can post ur ideas... and if someone brings up the same thing than we'll just help them.....

pointless threads= no

on huge thread that helps people and doesnt just lay around and do nothing= yes

So i am sry Purych but ur wrong.

P.S. i never try to lose my cool but u have been on my nerves.... i am sry. But don't think that i wont ban u if u keep on making fun of me or anyone here... or acting up on this forum.

P.P.S. i know u mean well but plz stop trying to diss some of the members ( especially an admin ) i accept constructive criticism and i am happy to debate with you but most of the time after u post ur criticism...u tend to say things that are not nice and sometimes considered flaming... but like i said i know u mean well... but from now on try to state ur constructive criticism in a more polite manner. Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
Purych
Unngoy
Unngoy
Purych

Male

Help Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Thread   Help Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 1:54 am

ok.......

Posting a new thread with a question in it isn't spam. And if someone answers it right away then thats great for the person with the problem and it would be a lot easier to find the answer in a new thread. Also, you shouldn't delete a thread because it could become of some use to other users on the forum.

BTW, spam is posting something that is irrelevant to to the topic starters or the latest posters post. Usually is advertisement or inappropriate matter. Not creating new threads. BTW, posting in one thread a million times is about the same bandwidth use as a million threads...
Back to top Go down
Prophet of Reality
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
Prophet of Reality

Male

Help Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Thread   Help Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 7:24 pm

but i am saying if everybody starts creating threads for the one single problem other more important threads will be moved to the bottom and those new threads will just be taking up space.... and than u have to search through pages of threads to find the one u are looking for....
Back to top Go down
Purych
Unngoy
Unngoy
Purych

Male

Help Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Thread   Help Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 9:02 pm

that is the exact same thing with your setup except you have to go through the comments and titles.

You simply dont want it to get bumped, just sticky it. I dont really have to much to say since you helped prove my point in your last reply.

GG
Back to top Go down
Prophet of Reality
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
Prophet of Reality

Male

Help Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Thread   Help Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 9:12 pm

what have i told u earlier.... dont be rude.... that last line " I dont really have to much to say since you helped prove my point in your last reply. " did not need to be stated.... well right now this will be the only thread for help .... after this reaches several pages i will allow u to make ur own thread so u can post ur one question....but this thread has to get bigger.....
Back to top Go down
Legionary
Unngoy
Unngoy
Legionary

Male
Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-06-14

Help Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Thread   Help Thread Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2007 10:02 am

Ok, it's obvious you two are having problems.

Maybe you should stop posting this on the help thread (which discourages newcomers, when they see this on a help thread).

Settle this issue using PM's.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Help Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Thread   Help Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help Thread
Page 1 of 1