The Maw
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Maw

Join the Ultimate Halo forum. Explore the inner depths of the Halo Megastructure, and realize your true potential as the savior of humanity

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Theodore Roosevelt

Go down 
AuthorMessage
wangrong
Sangheili
Sangheili

Male
Number of posts : 377
Registration date : 2010-10-11

Theodore Roosevelt Empty
PostSubject: Theodore Roosevelt   Theodore Roosevelt Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 4:33 am

On December 27, 1904,[7] President Theodore Roosevelt, a personal friend of Saint-Gaudens,[3] wrote to his Secretary of the Treasury, Leslie Mortier Shaw: "I think the state of our coinage is artistically of atrocious hideousness. Would it be possible, without asking permission of Congress, to employ a man like Saint-Gaudens to give us a coinage which would have some beauty?"[7] Roosevelt had Mint Director George E. Roberts write to Saint-Gaudens, who replied, "I am extremely interested in the matter of the new designs of the coinage ... it will I assure you give me great pleasure to assist in the procuring of good work."[8] Roosevelt caused the Mint to engage Saint-Gaudens to redesign the coins which could be changed without the need for Congressional approval—the cent and the four gold coins.[9] No U.S. coin had ever been designed by anyone other than a Mint employee.[10]

credit union checking account
auto warranty
Back to top Go down

Theodore Roosevelt
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Maw :: Off Topic :: General Discussion-
Jump to: