The Maw
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Maw

Join the Ultimate Halo forum. Explore the inner depths of the Halo Megastructure, and realize your true potential as the savior of humanity

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Theories for Halo

Go down 
+5
Royale
KrAzY_TaCoS
No|R
AvidWriter117
Prophet of Reality
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Captain-Keyes
Kig 'Yar
Kig 'Yar
Captain-Keyes

Male
Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2007-06-16

Theories for Halo - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theories for Halo   Theories for Halo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2007 1:38 pm

Are you sure the MC will die, I tink the arbitor might die becaue it's his job to go on peroulous missions and eventualy die thats what the profhets said. just a thought...
Back to top Go down
Prophet of Reality
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
Prophet of Reality

Male
Number of posts : 1564
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Theories for Halo   Theories for Halo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2007 2:22 pm

the MC is tha main character so i think that the MC has to die.... like what Krazy said.. a sacrifice.. he does it in order to save humanity
Back to top Go down
http://halogenerations.heavenforum.com
Purych
Unngoy
Unngoy
Purych

Male
Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2007-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Theories for Halo   Theories for Halo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2007 3:07 pm

If he dies then I gunna cry! Bungie needs to keep making halo games. Its the only fps that I like
Back to top Go down
Royale
Unngoy
Unngoy
Royale

Male
Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2007-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Theories for Halo   Theories for Halo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2007 4:55 pm

I stumbled upon this when looking for a Cpt. Keyes render:

Halo 3 Hinting
Author: -OMEGA- ::Posted Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:11 am
Links to Sources:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rampancy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cortana_Letters
http://marathon.bungie.org/story/cortana.html
Thanks to HLguru342134 or M_Gargantua for gathering the majority of the information.

Alright, so many of you know, Halo 3 will be coming out soon... Obviously... But what you may not know, is that the Halo series was kind of thought about way before the beginning of the actual books and games. The Cortana letters started in 1999, when the very first Halo game was released on November 15, 2001. Also, the first Halo book was released on October 30, 2001.

If you read all the Cortana letters to Marathon, and read the two Wikipedia sources above, and you really dig deep and apply them, you will discover that Bungie either had a plan for the Halo series, or was using previous material.
In the first Cortana letter posted on the Marathon site, it clearly states a few quotes that were said by the artificial intelligence being Cortana, such as "THIS is the way the world ends." and "I have seen your future."
Also, there are many other things that can be pointed out from these references, such as how the world will end with not a bang, but a whimper, as stated in The Hollow Men, written by T.S. Elliot. The world was supposed to be destroyed by Halo, but many people would think that would be a bang. However, there is no sound in space, so it could possibly be that these Halo rings could be the end of the world. It is also very ironic, how the place with the most life, Earth, is actually the Ark, and that the humans were actually the Forerunners all along. Also, the "coincedence" with the Bible story of Noah's Ark and the great Flood is directly related to Bungie's view on the end of their Halo video game trilogy.
Also, relating to books such as The Hollow Men and in In William Blake's "Songs of Innocence and of Experience: Shewing the Two Contrary States of the Human Soul", the poem "The Little Girl Found", when Cortana's fifth letter relates to the poem. This shows that Bungie has stubled onto a load of coincedences, or that they had really done their research to make this a great game.

Going onto the next topic now...
Rampancy: A three-stage process that is a result of the uncontrolled expansion of an AI.
Hm... Lets think of Cortana. She is fine, she starts to corrupt, she is erased away. 1, 2, 3.
For those who have basic knowledge of Halo and have read the books, you will understand how Cortana begins to fade away. When she and John first meet, she has very few of her memory taken up, and she is functioning perfectly. However, after gaining all the data on the Forerunners, Halo, and the loads of information from the Halo Control center, she is reduced to very little memory. This is when she starts to corrupt and slow down a bit. When they board the Covenant docking station in the third Halo book, they use a copy of Cortana, and there are many things that go wrong. Also, in the third book, she begins to be concerned for herself, and realizing that she had literally thought most of her life away. And of course, at the end of the Halo 2 video game, she is lost, and Master Chief, Spartan-117, both go their seperate ways. Again I state, 1, 2, 3.

However, these all are extremely educated guesses, and you will have to read all the articles and wait for Halo 3 to come out to find out the exact story.
Back to top Go down
Prophet of Reality
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
Prophet of Reality

Male

PostSubject: Re: Theories for Halo   Theories for Halo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2007 9:28 pm

the stuff about the cortana letters that u stated above ^ ^ have alrdy been discussed and are even in a halo 3 trailer.... i think it might be "et to brute" idk for sure... but it has been stated before...
Back to top Go down
Royale
Unngoy
Unngoy
Royale

Male
Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2007-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Theories for Halo   Theories for Halo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2007 1:11 am

I really would never have known. I don't pay attention much to those kinds of threads, and now i rarely visit HWF anymore.

I dunno... this is the forum i pretty go to first, and if i'm in the mood (usually am not) i go to HWF. But before i go to that i go to HWS.
Back to top Go down
Donny
Unngoy
Unngoy

Male
Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Theories for Halo   Theories for Halo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 2:50 pm

I have two theories i came up with in like half an hour. I posted them in a group on Bungie.net. Heres my theory on who the Forerunner are:

Quote :
The Forerunners, as we know, is an ancient, high tech race. They built the Halos and the sheild worlds, the sword and the sheild. They, also, brought to being the Flood parasite. In an attempt to keep the parasite from spreading, they kept all research and experiments on the Halos. However, the flood was a greater being than they expected, and was able to escape. As they were escaping, they took over new hosts, gathering all their knowledge. Now, the flood knew all about the Halo's purpose and how the structure was created. Heres the question though...how many Halos had a flood breakout? Many people think that it was on all 7 of the Halos. In order for them all to be able to escape at the same time (or close) on every Halo, they would need some sort of leader. After one Halo had a breakout, the flood created one leader, it's bio-mass made up of several forerunner beings. A Gravemind. This gravemind was able to mess with the halos' security systems and lead the other flood to escape from their cells, and take over more hosts.

With the sudden breakouts, the Forerunners were forced to make a descision. Leave the area and hope the flood didn't spread to much, try to kill the flood on their own, or activate the halos. They chose the last, however, there are more descions within that choice. They could all stay, and be killed, or they could send one person to a Kamakazee's death. The 'kaze would get to the control room and activate the halos, but the rest of the Forerunner would be in slipspace, which is not effect by the Halos as we find out in Ghosts of Onyx, or they could quickly get out of the area. The one being would be a great hero to the forerunner.

However, in order for this to work, the being would need some sort of special defense against the flood so that he could get close enough to activate the halos. The forerunners gave the person a suit of, what we call, MJOLNIR armor, which was their battle armor. Before the rest of the forerunner left, they chose a select number of people, most likely higher beings and their families, to stay inside the Ark (an alternative to this is that we were the chosen race, instead of forerunners being chosen, and that would be why the Ark is on Earth). The Ark was built in The Uldovai Gorge in Kenya, Africa, Earth. This group of beings that was chosen to reclaim the galaxy was, appropraitely, given the title of the Reclaimers. There were, also, groups of these beings who were sent to the artificial planet of Onyx. How many of these Shield Worlds exist is not known to me.

The one 'kaze runner was left with the moral descision of ending all life of the other races of beings that were within range of the halos. He began to really question his duty. The only person around to ask if it was the right thing to do was none other than 343 Guilty Spark, the Monitor of the installation. As we find out in Halo: Combat Evolved, he very much believed that it was the right thing to do. This convinced the 'kaze that he had no choice, it must be done. The Halos were activated, the Forerunner had escaped the area, deciding to leave the area until they thought the flood would have starved, and the Reclaimers were starting their life in the Ark. The Ark would open after several years and the Reclaimers would be left to start their civilization over again. To this day, the genetic pattern of the Reclaimers still is passed on, and these beings are known as Spartans.

Here is my second theory. This one is based on the origin of the human race though. Well, here it is:

Quote :
The Humans. A perfect race. Gone through Evolution to reach this level of great perfection. What did they evolve from, however? If we evolved into perfection, than what did we evolve from? We were created in "God's image." The Forerunners are the gods. Therefore, this leads me to believe that we are merely a creation of the Forerunner. Many years (even 1,000's or 10,000's) before the Flood breakout on the Halos, the Forerunner were experimenting, trying to create a perfect race. A pet of the forerunner. However, while doing this, they realized how dangerous the experiments were. They created a parasite that completely took over the host. They, instead of killing the thing on site, were fascinated by the parasite. After a small, controllable breakout, the forerunner scientists were able to get all the flood back into their cells and even brought the host forms too. In order to keep a big breakout from occuring, they created the halos and the shields.

Notice: this is still no where near the first activation of the Halos.

The forerunner realized that the Flood was actually a smart parasite. The hosts were fedding the parasite with knowledge. Their curiousity got the best of them, and they even fed some of the forerunner criminals and lowest beings into the flood holding cells. The had many of these corrupt host forms. The forms even began to evolve. After many years of research and experiments, the forerunner were actually capable of keeping the forms from attacking other beings. The flood, eventually, became a smart race. Smart enough to start a civilization. The forerunner found the planet of Earth. They became obsessed with their creation and built the Ark, in case further experiments cause them to activate the Halos, saving the humans.

The forerunner weren't happy with the amount of the race they had created. They wanted to create more. They began to create the base parasite. They threw in some of their lower class beings and criminals, just as they had done before. However, one time, they were careless, felt that they knew exactly what they were doing. The parasite escaped. It quickly spread throughout the installation. The forerunner got their perfected race (the humans) into the ark, and fled, after activating the halos. The forerunners left the humans as the reclaimers and they left the galaxy. The reclaimers retook the planet, blah blah, same as my last theory.
Back to top Go down
Prophet of Reality
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
Prophet of Reality

Male

PostSubject: Re: Theories for Halo   Theories for Halo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 3:00 pm

wow i cant believe u came up with all of this in 30 mins... its good! great job Smile
Back to top Go down
Donny
Unngoy
Unngoy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Theories for Halo   Theories for Halo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 3:34 pm

haha well, it was a little more but thats because i was typing it.

One funny thing about the second theory is that, after coming up with it, my dad was telling me about how scientists are actually trying to create a smart organism. It's basically the same exact thing as in my theory.
Back to top Go down
Captain-Keyes
Kig 'Yar
Kig 'Yar
Captain-Keyes

Male

PostSubject: Re: Theories for Halo   Theories for Halo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 3:41 pm

Wow that sounds realy possible good work maybe the forruner will return in halo 3?
Back to top Go down
Donny
Unngoy
Unngoy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Theories for Halo   Theories for Halo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 3:46 pm

Yea, im hoping for a lot more information about the Forerunner, if not actually seeing them/learning who they are, in Halo 3.
Back to top Go down
spartan123209
Sangheili
Sangheili
spartan123209

Male
Number of posts : 363
Registration date : 2007-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Theories for Halo   Theories for Halo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2007 6:33 pm

I just want to see everything that we havent yet. From the Forerunners to the Convenant Enginers. I want it all.
Back to top Go down
http://unscclan.aowc.net
Captain-Keyes
Kig 'Yar
Kig 'Yar
Captain-Keyes

Male

PostSubject: Re: Theories for Halo   Theories for Halo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 6:07 am

We MUST see Master Cheif's face in this game... Mad
Back to top Go down
AvidWriter117
Gravemind
Gravemind
AvidWriter117

Male
Number of posts : 876

PostSubject: Re: Theories for Halo   Theories for Halo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 10:14 am

Engineers can be seen in Halo1, on Silent Cartographer. If you have a Mod kit, you can make yourself an engineer.

I personally dont wanna see MC's face. It will just ruin his complete awesomeness.
Back to top Go down
spartan123209
Sangheili
Sangheili
spartan123209

Male

PostSubject: Re: Theories for Halo   Theories for Halo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 11:46 am

If they do show MC's face im going to look away. Thats the only thing I dont want to see.

Last edited by on Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AvidWriter117
Gravemind
Gravemind
AvidWriter117

Male
Number of posts : 876

PostSubject: Re: Theories for Halo   Theories for Halo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 12:30 pm

Eh, i wouldnt be able to look away, but i still hope they dont show it.

Bungie is in a lose-lose situation. If they show his face, people will be pissed that that is not how they imagined it. If they dont show his face, people will be pissed that they will never see it.
Back to top Go down
spartan123209
Sangheili
Sangheili
spartan123209

Male

PostSubject: Re: Theories for Halo   Theories for Halo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 2:04 pm

They really did dig a deep hole for themselves. They could always just show a part of his face, like before he sacrifices himself for the greater good they could show the look in his eyes, but nothing else. That would be a perfect solution to that problem.
Back to top Go down
Prophet of Reality
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
Prophet of Reality

Male

PostSubject: Re: Theories for Halo   Theories for Halo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 10:35 pm

hey does anyone know the actor that plays the role of the MC in the game.. his voice is uber cool lol Razz
Back to top Go down
spartan123209
Sangheili
Sangheili
spartan123209

Male

PostSubject: Re: Theories for Halo   Theories for Halo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 4:27 pm

I dont, though I wonder if hes going to play MC in the movie.
Back to top Go down
Donny
Unngoy
Unngoy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Theories for Halo   Theories for Halo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 7:50 pm

oh damn...crap this is annoying me...I know who it is but the name has slipped out of my mind...if i find out ill get back to you on that.
Back to top Go down
spartan123209
Sangheili
Sangheili
spartan123209

Male

PostSubject: Re: Theories for Halo   Theories for Halo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 6:05 pm

Just watch the credits for halo.
Back to top Go down
spartan123209
Sangheili
Sangheili
spartan123209

Male

PostSubject: Re: Theories for Halo   Theories for Halo - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2007 3:12 pm

I finnally found out the ending of Halo 3, just came to me. The Flood are going to break out and infect convenant worlds. As seeing it as the only way, MC will activate the remaining Halo's. That is how he is going to die. That is the ending for Halo 3.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Theories for Halo   Theories for Halo - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Theories for Halo
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2