The Maw
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Maw

Join the Ultimate Halo forum. Explore the inner depths of the Halo Megastructure, and realize your true potential as the savior of humanity

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Unit Stats for my game idea

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ORDINATOR
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
ORDINATOR

Male
Number of posts : 1181
Registration date : 2007-07-29

Unit Stats for my game idea Empty
PostSubject: Unit Stats for my game idea   Unit Stats for my game idea Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 9:36 pm

I'm having a slight problem and I'm wondering what people think of my match ups of troops. I'm making the units on both sides have a match on the other ie grunt equals same strength, skill as a rookie marine. I'm having the most trouble with fitting in Spartans i don't know what i should do with them.

the following list is the matches

Rookie = Grunt
Marines = Jackal + Drone
Spartans = Elites + Brutes
Heavy Weapon Marines = Hunters
Warthog = Ghost + Specter
Scorpion = Wraith
Short sword = Banshee.

the ones with the plus will obviously have differences (ie: one defends better than the other) but thats the basic whats equal to what. I'm also unsure if i should use the short sword for humans or if something else would be better?

Added: obviously one spartan would not be equal to a elite by halo standards but for this game to work its gonna have to be.
Back to top Go down
Donny
Unngoy
Unngoy

Male
Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Unit Stats for my game idea   Unit Stats for my game idea Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2007 9:43 am

For starters, Yes a Spartan is equal to an elite...in nearly every way. So you are correct there. Second, the Hornat is the equivalent to the Banshee. The shortsword would be more like a Seraph or something.
Back to top Go down
dud doodoo
Kig 'Yar
Kig 'Yar

Male
Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2007-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Unit Stats for my game idea   Unit Stats for my game idea Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2007 2:36 pm

Damnit you stole my RTS idea!
Back to top Go down
ORDINATOR
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
ORDINATOR

Male

PostSubject: Re: Unit Stats for my game idea   Unit Stats for my game idea Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2007 7:37 pm

ok i didn't know about the hornet. i'll change that.

oh and i haven't entirely stolen the idea its smaller than yours and the battles work different, my game uses dice, and I'm using a grid map thing which is similar to Avids Battle for Alpha Halo, i also have a clock function for turns, modified from Avids game and i will only need one moderator, similar to yours. but if you want i can say game inspired by Avid and dud doodoo somewhere?after all its pretty hard to come up with an original idea with so many people making these things, let alone an idea that will work.

added:
in here I'm just going to add in the names of my buildings and what each do. i need help with the names of buildings for the covie equivalent of the human builds as i just don't know what to call them.
added 3: i have already come up with covenant names for the buildings so that part needs no more attention.
UNSC:
Command Center: Home Base also provides defensive bonus
Barracks: train infantry
Tank Facility: build tanks and vehicles
Air Field: Built Planes
Industry: + 100% resources for that grid square.
Fortifications: provides defensive bonus.

Added 2: I'm adding in the pelican transport and phantom as well, would they be heavier armoured than both hornet and banshee if so then would they be as armoured as a tank?
Added 4: i have put the transport down as being same armour as the tanks so this matter needs no attention any more either.

Last edited by on Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:16 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
dud doodoo
Kig 'Yar
Kig 'Yar

Male
Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2007-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Unit Stats for my game idea   Unit Stats for my game idea Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 10:46 am

Hmm, howabout if you play this game you have to play the RPG and my game, that'll be the only thing that would work for me lol.
Back to top Go down
ORDINATOR
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
ORDINATOR

Male

PostSubject: Re: Unit Stats for my game idea   Unit Stats for my game idea Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 5:42 pm

well my game wont be running at the same time as yours not until this place gets a lot more active people to justify another game.

Added: all my ideas have been finalized i don't need anymore help on this topic. thanks too Donny for your help. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unit Stats for my game idea   Unit Stats for my game idea Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unit Stats for my game idea
Page 1 of 1