The Maw
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Maw

Join the Ultimate Halo forum. Explore the inner depths of the Halo Megastructure, and realize your true potential as the savior of humanity

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Riddle Poem

Go down 
+5
Trotun
AvidWriter117
Rainbow Chicken 28
Afthotstreak719
Prophet of Reality
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Afthotstreak719
San 'Shyuum
San 'Shyuum
Afthotstreak719

Male
Number of posts : 2211
Registration date : 2007-06-18

Riddle Poem - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riddle Poem   Riddle Poem - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 4:06 pm

is it heat? i dunno just give us the damn answer
Back to top Go down
Prophet of Reality
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
Prophet of Reality

Male
Number of posts : 1564
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Riddle Poem   Riddle Poem - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 6:01 pm

lol out of all ppl rainbow got it lmao..

edit: also to point out in avid's mirage answer there could be a desert in a mirage because after its a mirage and u could see a desert if the mirage so happened to look like it so technically ur answer is wrong.. but it was a good try
Back to top Go down
http://halogenerations.heavenforum.com
Afthotstreak719
San 'Shyuum
San 'Shyuum
Afthotstreak719

Male

PostSubject: Re: Riddle Poem   Riddle Poem - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 6:07 pm

wtf? so its nothing.... uhhh wow thats a let down. and kinda annoying
Back to top Go down
ORDINATOR
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
ORDINATOR

Male
Number of posts : 1181
Registration date : 2007-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Riddle Poem   Riddle Poem - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 7:21 pm

lol go the support for me Very Happy . i also wasn't willing to suggest nothing cause i know thats what most people would do, i thought you would be more sneaky than that.
Back to top Go down
Rainbow Chicken 28
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
Rainbow Chicken 28

Female
Number of posts : 1427
Registration date : 2007-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Riddle Poem   Riddle Poem - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 7:39 pm

Prophet of Reality wrote:

edit: also to point out in avid's mirage answer there could be a desert in a mirage because after its a mirage and u could see a desert if the mirage so happened to look like it so technically ur answer is wrong.. but it was a good try

Are you calling me stupid?
Back to top Go down
http://haloinhighheels.forumotion.com/
Afthotstreak719
San 'Shyuum
San 'Shyuum
Afthotstreak719

Male

PostSubject: Re: Riddle Poem   Riddle Poem - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 3:46 am

kinda sounds like it. and i don't think its a matter of sneaky ord i think its just lack of imagination.
Back to top Go down
Rainbow Chicken 28
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
Rainbow Chicken 28

Female

PostSubject: Re: Riddle Poem   Riddle Poem - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 6:57 am

*sharpens pitchfork* No one calls me stupid without my consent!
Back to top Go down
AvidWriter117
Gravemind
Gravemind
AvidWriter117

Male
Number of posts : 876

PostSubject: Re: Riddle Poem   Riddle Poem - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 10:48 am

i dont like it

but just like ORD, i thought it woiuld be more...complex than that. I guess i overestimated you, PoR Razz

EDIT:

I am in every desert,
But yet there is only desert in me,
For surely if there was I wouldn't be me.
I am what I am,
But if I wasn't what I was,
then I would surely be something.
You cannot touch me,
And yet I am all around you.
I laugh in the face of danger,
Cause danger cannot hurt me.
I cannot die,
And yet I cannot live.
If you look for me you will not find me
And yet in not finding me,
I will be found.
What am I?

only one word would have to be changed for it to work with Mirage.
Back to top Go down
ORDINATOR
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
ORDINATOR

Male

PostSubject: Re: Riddle Poem   Riddle Poem - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 7:12 pm

hey i was thinking again (cause ilike to push these types of things) that if you looked at a mirage and saw a desert your not actually looking at a desert as its not really there. a mirage is like us jumbling up an image in our head, you can't see a mirage as what your actually looking at is not what your brain thinks it is. (to avid) there isn't only desert in mirages as some don't have to have that appearance but as a mirage is in your head if you had a desert in it then there would be a desert in your head and there isn 't

oh and i am unsure if the actual answer works with the riddle cause there is always something in a desert. you also say that nothing is all around you, at an atomic level yes there are vast amounts of nothing but there is also vast amounts of nothing between me so yeah. going back to a normal (standard level) i would have to say that i've never been surounded in nothing. we have sort had found nothing as nothing is in the gaps between objects in space and we have found gaps of nothing between atoms so i reckon you can find nothing. oh and if someone dosen't find nothing then they most likely will never find it.(in reference to "And yet in not finding me,
I will be found.")

wow i talk alot about crap don't i lol. if only i could do this much writing for assignments.
Back to top Go down
skeet
Unngoy
Unngoy
skeet

Female
Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Riddle Poem   Riddle Poem - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 11:10 pm

Discounting the laughing factor it could be an anti-neutrino. As they occur everywhere they are clear to be in all deserts (even space). As they are small neutral particles they cannot contain a desert. As it is an antiparticle and has no mass it is considered to not be anything, therefore if it changes its nature to become a real particle it would be a neutrino, which is something. It is impossible to touch as it annihilates any real matter it comes into contact with, yet due to constant nuclear reactions that occur everywhere (including inside the body) they are everywhere. As it has no life at cannot die and as it has no carbon (too small) it cannot live. To see it you would have to bombard it with positive particles, thus annihilating it yet its affects can be observed, meaning that it can be found without looking at it or for it.

Anyone who wants to debate this should first make sure they know at least a little about nuclear physics.
Back to top Go down
skeet
Unngoy
Unngoy
skeet

Female

PostSubject: Re: Riddle Poem   Riddle Poem - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 11:14 pm

I agree with Ord... with some added points. Nothing cannot laugh. Oh and nothing can be found by looking for it. Has anyone here heard of a vacuum bomb? This can be used to find a vacuum :=).
Back to top Go down
ORDINATOR
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
ORDINATOR

Male

PostSubject: Re: Riddle Poem   Riddle Poem - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 11:16 pm

hehehe that little smily thing looks like a hitler smily.
Back to top Go down
AvidWriter117
Gravemind
Gravemind
AvidWriter117

Male

PostSubject: Re: Riddle Poem   Riddle Poem - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 12:06 am

ORDINATOR wrote:

hey i was thinking again (cause ilike to push these types of things) that if you looked at a mirage and saw a desert your not actually looking at a desert as its not really there. a mirage is like us jumbling up an image in our head, you can't see a mirage as what your actually looking at is not what your brain thinks it is. (to avid) there isn't only desert in mirages as some don't have to have that appearance but as a mirage is in your head if you had a desert in it then there would be a desert in your head and there isn 't

oh and i am unsure if the actual answer works with the riddle cause there is always something in a desert. you also say that nothing is all around you, at an atomic level yes there are vast amounts of nothing but there is also vast amounts of nothing between me so yeah. going back to a normal (standard level) i would have to say that i've never been surounded in nothing. we have sort had found nothing as nothing is in the gaps between objects in space and we have found gaps of nothing between atoms so i reckon you can find nothing. oh and if someone dosen't find nothing then they most likely will never find it.(in reference to "And yet in not finding me,
I will be found.")

wow i talk alot about crap don't i lol. if only i could do this much writing for assignments.
I am totally gonna rip this post to shreds tomorrow. Watch out, ORD.
Back to top Go down
Afthotstreak719
San 'Shyuum
San 'Shyuum
Afthotstreak719

Male

PostSubject: Re: Riddle Poem   Riddle Poem - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 1:03 am

lol uh oh ord. Better watch out
Back to top Go down
rzgrz
Unngoy
Unngoy

Male
Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Riddle Poem   Riddle Poem - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 11:44 am

a:
ghost
mind
conscious
breath?
Back to top Go down
Rainbow Chicken 28
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
Rainbow Chicken 28

Female

PostSubject: Re: Riddle Poem   Riddle Poem - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 6:14 pm

You pair just had to bring your precious bloody nuclear physics into this, didn't you?
Back to top Go down
ORDINATOR
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
ORDINATOR

Male

PostSubject: Re: Riddle Poem   Riddle Poem - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 2:56 am

warwick had to and i tried not to.

lol go ahead Avid this is funny. Smile Die!
Back to top Go down
AvidWriter117
Gravemind
Gravemind
AvidWriter117

Male

PostSubject: Re: Riddle Poem   Riddle Poem - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 12:41 pm

ORD...your grammar is atrocious, and it made this whole post nearly impossible for me to completely understand. I'll try anyway.

Quote :
hey i was thinking again (cause ilike to push these types of things) that if you looked at a mirage and saw a desert your not actually looking at a desert as its not really there.
I disagree. If you look at a mirage, that mirage isn't really there, so all you're really seeing is desert!

Quote :
a mirage is like us jumbling up an image in our head, you can't see a mirage, as what your actually looking at is not what your brain thinks it is. (to avid)
You do see a mirage, but a mirage isn't real. In truth, i've seen many mirages, and they only EVER look like water. ALWAYS. Though, if you go up to it, it will not exist. It will disappear or maintain distance from you as you approach. you still see it, but its not real.

Quote :
there isn't only desert in mirages, as some don't have to have that appearance, but as a mirage is in your head if you had a desert in it then there would be a desert in your head and there isn 't
okay. um...
what?
This made no sense whatsoever.
What i understand from it is that "if you see a mirage that looks like a desert, therre is a desert in your head. since there is not a desert in your head, a mirage doesn't exist"
still...what?
Imagine you are standing in the middle of the street, and a large semi is coming towards you. You imagine that semi is actually a [url=http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:yaJBTwzNTILJoM:https://2img.net/h/i10.photobucket.com/albums/a102/SKAKIXIK/1167101736351.jpg]little rubber duckie on wheels[/img] (you got duckrolled!). Does that mean the semi doesn't exist? i mean, its really a rubber duckie, is it not? you're safe as can be! Razz

Quote :
oh and i am unsure if the actual answer works with the riddle cause there is always something in a desert. you also say that nothing is all around you, at an atomic level yes there are vast amounts of nothing but there is also vast amounts of nothing between me so yeah. going back to a normal (standard level) i would have to say that i've never been surounded in nothing. we have sort had found nothing as nothing is in the gaps between objects in space and we have found gaps of nothing between atoms so i reckon you can find nothing. oh and if someone dosen't find nothing then they most likely will never find it.(in reference to "And yet in not finding me, I will be found.")
I CONCUR!!!
Back to top Go down
skeet
Unngoy
Unngoy
skeet

Female

PostSubject: Re: Riddle Poem   Riddle Poem - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 6:34 pm

AvidWriter117 wrote:

I disagree. If you look at a mirage, that mirage isn't really there, so all you're really seeing is desert!

Just because you picked apart his and not mine... I'd like to point out that you're not really seeing the desert. What you are seeing is the distortion of electromagnetic radiation (light to all you other people) caused by the greater oscillation of atoms in the ground due to temperature changes.

And more picking apart of Ord's: mirages can't exist in all deserts (just clarifying for those not attending CDU).
Back to top Go down
AvidWriter117
Gravemind
Gravemind
AvidWriter117

Male

PostSubject: Re: Riddle Poem   Riddle Poem - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 7:35 pm

Quote :
Just because you picked apart his and not
mine... I'd like to point out that you're not really seeing the desert.
What you are seeing is the distortion of electromagnetic radiation
(light to all you other people) caused by the greater oscillation of
atoms in the ground due to temperature changes.
Oh, i understand. You're really seeing the mirage, but what you believe you're seeing doesn't exist. the water isn't really there, but is actually just more desert.
Back to top Go down
skeet
Unngoy
Unngoy
skeet

Female

PostSubject: Re: Riddle Poem   Riddle Poem - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 1:06 am

Yeah, something like that.
Back to top Go down
AvidWriter117
Gravemind
Gravemind
AvidWriter117

Male

PostSubject: Re: Riddle Poem   Riddle Poem - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 10:08 pm

your avatar reminds me of Discworld.
though the hammer and scythe kinda ruin that.
Back to top Go down
skeet
Unngoy
Unngoy
skeet

Female

PostSubject: Re: Riddle Poem   Riddle Poem - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 9:03 am

Discworld eh?... not sure how you worked that out. It's the KGB shield.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Riddle Poem   Riddle Poem - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Riddle Poem
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Maw :: Off Topic :: General Discussion-
Jump to: