The Maw
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Maw

Join the Ultimate Halo forum. Explore the inner depths of the Halo Megastructure, and realize your true potential as the savior of humanity

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Halo: CE vs. Halo 2

Go down 
+8
spartan123209
Ace
Purych
Royale
KrAzY_TaCoS
No|R
AvidWriter117
Prophet of Reality
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Prophet of Reality
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
Prophet of Reality

Male
Number of posts : 1564
Registration date : 2007-06-10

Halo: CE vs. Halo 2 Empty
PostSubject: Halo: CE vs. Halo 2   Halo: CE vs. Halo 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2007 10:14 pm

Which one did you guys like better?
Here you can argue as much as you want; but please keep real disgression to a minimum

Personally I think halo 2 was cooler, better weapons, better veehicles, better variety of covenant soldiers, etc. There wasnt that much of a plot but it still turned out a pretty good game.....

Halo 1 was pretty cool..... but of course the graphics werent that great compared to Halo 2.... u had way better graphic on the elites....
Back to top Go down
http://halogenerations.heavenforum.com
AvidWriter117
Gravemind
Gravemind
AvidWriter117

Male
Number of posts : 876

PostSubject: Re: Halo: CE vs. Halo 2   Halo: CE vs. Halo 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2007 10:33 pm

I disagree. Halo2 had better graphics, but Halo1(i think) had a much better plot. The weapons i felt were more fun to play with(in Halo1), although there were less vehicles.
Back to top Go down
No|R
Unngoy
Unngoy
No|R

Male
Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2007-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Halo: CE vs. Halo 2   Halo: CE vs. Halo 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 3:41 pm

Halo 1 ftw... I think they mucked up the damage system in H2...
The smg and br suck ass, and i always liked the pistol.. evne though it was cheap.. when you played players with skill in it it became a new challenge not an annoyance
Back to top Go down
KrAzY_TaCoS
Sangheili
Sangheili

Male
Number of posts : 368

PostSubject: Re: Halo: CE vs. Halo 2   Halo: CE vs. Halo 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 9:03 pm

i personally preferred halo 1's story line.. halo 2's graphics were better... but i still prefer to pick up my xbox controller and play a level of silent cartographer than try and beat tartarus....

i dont like bosses either.... their unrealistic and not fun to play against.... there is no being that can take 30 shotgun rounds to the head and not even have his shield drop.. yet get hit by a sniper round ij the foot and loose his shield.....

also why would the firing platform of the halo unfold like a wedding cake?....

halo 1 ftw
Back to top Go down
AvidWriter117
Gravemind
Gravemind
AvidWriter117

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: CE vs. Halo 2   Halo: CE vs. Halo 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 9:27 pm

lol
I agree. The boss fight at the end pissed me off. The Great thing about Halo1 was that it didnt try to do anything liket hat. If you fought an Elite, the Elite was just as easy/hard to kill in the next level...
Back to top Go down
Prophet of Reality
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
Prophet of Reality

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: CE vs. Halo 2   Halo: CE vs. Halo 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 9:27 pm

" wedding cake " lol Razz... i do agree though that Halo 1 does have a better story line.... and i also agree that bosses are not that great... especially in Halo!
Back to top Go down
KrAzY_TaCoS
Sangheili
Sangheili

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: CE vs. Halo 2   Halo: CE vs. Halo 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 9:28 pm

bosses in a medival game make sence... but not in a sci fi game.....

especially when its just another freaking brute....
Back to top Go down
Royale
Unngoy
Unngoy
Royale

Male
Number of posts : 75

PostSubject: Re: Halo: CE vs. Halo 2   Halo: CE vs. Halo 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 12:08 am

Halo1 PWNAGE!!! Plasma weapons are better, plot is UBER-PWNAGE!!! The environment is beautiful, not as dreary, and were interesting and engaging. Your allies in 1 were better than 2, (except for elites).

Silent Cartographer RULEZ!! I mean, i loved how the level unfolded in the beginning, but when i played it co-op, i was just completely freaking out about how i was in the pelican closest to the Covenant. IT WAS AWESOME!!! The grenades had better explosions in 1, too.

I also loved to play the Truth and Reconciliation on Heroic, and have fun seeing as when all my marines died, a pelican comes by and drops in more reinforcements, even when INSIDE THE TaR!! OMG!! I was freaking out when i heard FOEHammer was going to drop in reinforcements INSIDE THE SHIP!!

The only thing that Halo2 comes close to that awesomeness was probably the missions where, actually, no level actually match close to that.

The main thing that i love about Halo1 is that the Chief seemed more human. More... normal. He wasnt a guy in bulkier armour, twice as tall as a marine. He was a guy, about the same size as the marines, trying to save them.

(God i hate how Johnson and Half-Jaw were invincible, too. Even in CE, you're able to kill Keyes.)

Arrow
Back to top Go down
No|R
Unngoy
Unngoy
No|R

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: CE vs. Halo 2   Halo: CE vs. Halo 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 2:05 am

Yay!
Halo 1 was better, lets hope halo 3 isnt another bad offspring..
Back to top Go down
AvidWriter117
Gravemind
Gravemind
AvidWriter117

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: CE vs. Halo 2   Halo: CE vs. Halo 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 8:54 am

I think if they are going to do a boss, its gotta be a unique boss. LIke Krazy said, not just abother Brute, but something like Gravemind.
Back to top Go down
KrAzY_TaCoS
Sangheili
Sangheili

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: CE vs. Halo 2   Halo: CE vs. Halo 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 9:06 am

yea...

*contemplates how the hell you would kill the gravemind....*

pulls out bottle of weed be gone

im ready!
Back to top Go down
No|R
Unngoy
Unngoy
No|R

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: CE vs. Halo 2   Halo: CE vs. Halo 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 9:06 am

NAH

Please.. no more bosses..leave the game different, without them.. bosses were a cheap way to make the game challenging

Oh, and how do you put a sig on this forum.. i put the code but it dosnt appear
Back to top Go down
KrAzY_TaCoS
Sangheili
Sangheili

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: CE vs. Halo 2   Halo: CE vs. Halo 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 9:08 am

did u put image tags?
Back to top Go down
No|R
Unngoy
Unngoy
No|R

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: CE vs. Halo 2   Halo: CE vs. Halo 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 9:22 am

Read the sig request dicusssion.. thread.
Back to top Go down
KrAzY_TaCoS
Sangheili
Sangheili

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: CE vs. Halo 2   Halo: CE vs. Halo 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 9:24 am

i cant figure it out either....

lets not get off topic
Back to top Go down
No|R
Unngoy
Unngoy
No|R

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: CE vs. Halo 2   Halo: CE vs. Halo 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 9:26 am

Oh kay
Anyone want a sig made for them/
Back to top Go down
KrAzY_TaCoS
Sangheili
Sangheili

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: CE vs. Halo 2   Halo: CE vs. Halo 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 9:27 am

not here dude.....

on topic...

halo 1 better campeign...

halo 2 better multiplayer
Back to top Go down
No|R
Unngoy
Unngoy
No|R

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: CE vs. Halo 2   Halo: CE vs. Halo 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 9:31 am

FUCK

sorry wrong section Sad
Back to top Go down
KrAzY_TaCoS
Sangheili
Sangheili

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: CE vs. Halo 2   Halo: CE vs. Halo 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 4:42 pm

.... you'd better be sorry.....
Back to top Go down
Purych
Unngoy
Unngoy
Purych

Male
Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2007-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Halo: CE vs. Halo 2   Halo: CE vs. Halo 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2007 3:57 am

My Opinion: The one thing that makes Halo 1 better than H2 and H3 is the starting weapon. The pistol had great range so you weren't always getting tagged by power weapons. This is what makes MLG such a great game type. But if you think about it, the smg is the perfect weapon for noobs. It actually gives them a chance to get a kill. Pray and spray FTW
Back to top Go down
Prophet of Reality
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
Prophet of Reality

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: CE vs. Halo 2   Halo: CE vs. Halo 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2007 12:03 pm

but remember it takes along as time for an smg to take out a spartan with full shield.... so idk if the smg would be a good weapon for noobs....also if they were fighting experienced player the guy could just like move out of the way ... punch him... head shots... u name it...
Back to top Go down
Purych
Unngoy
Unngoy
Purych

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: CE vs. Halo 2   Halo: CE vs. Halo 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2007 3:05 pm

but this way it gives them the chance of weakening them. And if your like me and don't know how to react when being shot by an smg then your fucked

BTW the ending of h1 was awesome! the ending of h2 licked my balls.
Back to top Go down
Prophet of Reality
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
Prophet of Reality

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: CE vs. Halo 2   Halo: CE vs. Halo 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2007 8:55 pm

ya the H1 ending was pretty good! ...... the H2 ending was alright... but it left u wnating to much more..... that part kinda got me mad Razz
Back to top Go down
Purych
Unngoy
Unngoy
Purych

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: CE vs. Halo 2   Halo: CE vs. Halo 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2007 2:23 am

lets compare the 2 shall we. Your running towards a ship because the ring is going to explode. omg run! omg omg. barely made it. The elite and sarge talk. BOOM. GG. OMG little dude flys by.

MC flys towards earth. gg, Sad
Back to top Go down
Prophet of Reality
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
Prophet of Reality

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: CE vs. Halo 2   Halo: CE vs. Halo 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2007 1:57 pm

that is true... the last level of Halo 1 was a little more exciting than halo 2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Halo: CE vs. Halo 2   Halo: CE vs. Halo 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Halo: CE vs. Halo 2
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next