The Maw
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Maw

Join the Ultimate Halo forum. Explore the inner depths of the Halo Megastructure, and realize your true potential as the savior of humanity

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Halo: CE vs. Halo 2

Go down 
+8
spartan123209
Ace
Purych
Royale
KrAzY_TaCoS
No|R
AvidWriter117
Prophet of Reality
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ace
Unngoy
Unngoy

Male
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-07-29

Halo: CE vs. Halo 2 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo: CE vs. Halo 2   Halo: CE vs. Halo 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2007 12:34 pm

I think the Multiplayer in Halo1 was better than Halo2. I think
the Plot in Halo1 was MUCH better than Halo2. The only
thing that made Halo2 good was playing as the Arby. I also liked
the graphics, but graphics dont bother me. As long as there is
some good gameplay, im happy.
Back to top Go down
spartan123209
Sangheili
Sangheili
spartan123209

Male
Number of posts : 363
Registration date : 2007-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Halo: CE vs. Halo 2   Halo: CE vs. Halo 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2007 2:54 pm

If you have Custom Edition you can get Halo 2 caliber graphics and Halo 2 maps and weapons (I even found a map with Halo 3 weapons and a bubble sheild).
Back to top Go down
http://unscclan.aowc.net
Spartan-020
Jiralhanae
Jiralhanae
Spartan-020

Male
Number of posts : 607
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Halo: CE vs. Halo 2   Halo: CE vs. Halo 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 12:37 am

Personally i have to agree with several people on this and diagree with other. Halo 1 I will admit had a much better campaign that Halo 2. But as a frequent Xbox Live player i feel compelled to admit that Halo 2 has a much better multiplayer. The variety of weapons and vehicles is better so no 2 games are the same. Whereas in Halo 1 the options were somewhat limited. Now im talking about xbox version here so pc guys give me a second. I play Halo 1 for pc too, although im nowwhere near as good as i am on Xbox Live. But the pc version does add a varitey of weapons, maps, and the rocket hog. So both games have there pros and their cons. So its really matter of taste do you like a better storyline with a super pistol or do you like better graphics and more weapons.
Back to top Go down
ORDINATOR
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
ORDINATOR

Male
Number of posts : 1181

PostSubject: Re: Halo: CE vs. Halo 2   Halo: CE vs. Halo 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 6:16 am

i liked the assault rifle from Halo CE it was AWESOME!!!!! Twisted Evil . i also like Halo CE a lot just for originality (if you'll let me use that word) sake like it just has that feeling to it. though i would have to say there are good things about Halo 2 as well cause of the dual wielding thats fun. but yeah i couldn't chose between them even if you paid me (well i could if it was a lot Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
Spartan-020
Jiralhanae
Jiralhanae
Spartan-020

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: CE vs. Halo 2   Halo: CE vs. Halo 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 3:03 pm

Well we can agree they both are good games.
Back to top Go down
ORDINATOR
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
ORDINATOR

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: CE vs. Halo 2   Halo: CE vs. Halo 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 5:22 am

yep definitely.
Back to top Go down
Rainbow Chicken 28
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
Rainbow Chicken 28

Female
Number of posts : 1427
Registration date : 2007-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Halo: CE vs. Halo 2   Halo: CE vs. Halo 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 7:13 am

Well, as I played Halo 2 before Halo CE without paying attention to the storyline just to try and get a glimpse into my boyfriend's world, I got used to being able to dual-wield weapons, use alien weapons and having to look up to throw a grenade far. Then when I got into playing and wanted to check out the storyline, I went back and did Halo CE. To me, the weaponary is definitely generally better in Halo 2. Then I did Halo 2, paying attention to the storyline.

The storyline in Halo CE seemed a lot more stable than the storyline for Halo 2, the storyline for Halo 2 just confuses me. The timed bit threw me off, I didn't know it was timed until I got ran over at the start because "we had to get a move on because it was timed", but it was a different kind of challenge. I've only done co-op for either of them so I can't compare that. Graphics...Halo CE seemed more classic and a tad more appealing becaue I like classical stuff. So to me, Halo CE was better overall.
Back to top Go down
http://haloinhighheels.forumotion.com/
ORDINATOR
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
ORDINATOR

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: CE vs. Halo 2   Halo: CE vs. Halo 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 7:18 am

i never really liked the timed bit. it fitted in with the story line but i never liked timed things anyway unless its like hold a position type of thing. (there is nothing like that in Halo unfortunately )
Back to top Go down
Rainbow Chicken 28
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
Rainbow Chicken 28

Female

PostSubject: Re: Halo: CE vs. Halo 2   Halo: CE vs. Halo 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 7:23 am

It makes sure that you're constantly doing something, and working towards a clearly visible goal that doesn't change throughout the level.

Also, I hated being the Arbiter. I kept trying to shoot my friends because I was so used to being a human, no matter what. I got trained straight up saying "Aliens = enemy", it's hard to break that.
Back to top Go down
Spartan-020
Jiralhanae
Jiralhanae
Spartan-020

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: CE vs. Halo 2   Halo: CE vs. Halo 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 1:47 pm

well playing as the arbiter is most people least favorite part. The way i realized not to shoot at the elites was the heretics look more like bugs and have yellow armor. Im a person who will sneak in and find my targets and what the look like then i start mowing them down.
Back to top Go down
Rainbow Chicken 28
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
Rainbow Chicken 28

Female

PostSubject: Re: Halo: CE vs. Halo 2   Halo: CE vs. Halo 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 10:16 pm

I soon realised to pay attention to the targeter.
Back to top Go down
ORDINATOR
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
ORDINATOR

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: CE vs. Halo 2   Halo: CE vs. Halo 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 6:52 am

yeah now i just got to teach two other people how to pay attention to the targeter and not shoot their friends and all will be right.
Back to top Go down
Rainbow Chicken 28
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
Rainbow Chicken 28

Female

PostSubject: Re: Halo: CE vs. Halo 2   Halo: CE vs. Halo 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 7:26 am

Yeah, that would be good, it's never good if you have two people on the same team trying to shoot each other.

I just don't like playing as the Arbiter full stop, that's one of the reasons I liked Halo CE a lot better than Halo 2.
Back to top Go down
Spartan-020
Jiralhanae
Jiralhanae
Spartan-020

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: CE vs. Halo 2   Halo: CE vs. Halo 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 3:47 pm

Everybody says its so hard to play as the arbiter, but i just dont see the big deal as long as you dont shoot at the first thing that moves you really shouldnt kill your teammates cause if you look at them the heretic elites look different. So if you take a second you will suddenly realize they are either friend or foe. Plus in The Arbiter you can run through a lot of the level without fighting.
Back to top Go down
ORDINATOR
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
ORDINATOR

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: CE vs. Halo 2   Halo: CE vs. Halo 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 4:19 am

yeah i agree with you 020 the first time i played as the Arbiter i had no problems distinguishing friend and foe but some people just cant co-ordinate that stuff on these games.
Back to top Go down
Spartan-020
Jiralhanae
Jiralhanae
Spartan-020

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: CE vs. Halo 2   Halo: CE vs. Halo 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 11:30 am

is it just me or do the heretic elites look like dragon flys in a way with what appears to be 4 little "wings" on the back.
Back to top Go down
RougeSpartan414
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
RougeSpartan414

Male
Number of posts : 837
Registration date : 2007-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Halo: CE vs. Halo 2   Halo: CE vs. Halo 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 11:36 am

Probally you I see them as brown elites with machinery hanging on them.
Back to top Go down
Spartan-020
Jiralhanae
Jiralhanae
Spartan-020

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: CE vs. Halo 2   Halo: CE vs. Halo 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 11:37 am

well they look different to me so i find them easier to kill.
Back to top Go down
RougeSpartan414
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
RougeSpartan414

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: CE vs. Halo 2   Halo: CE vs. Halo 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 11:38 am

yeah how does anybody get mixed up?
Back to top Go down
Spartan-020
Jiralhanae
Jiralhanae
Spartan-020

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: CE vs. Halo 2   Halo: CE vs. Halo 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 11:40 am

i really honestly dont know thats what i was wondering. now if they get the flood and elites mixed up then they should just stop playing.
Back to top Go down
RougeSpartan414
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
RougeSpartan414

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: CE vs. Halo 2   Halo: CE vs. Halo 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 11:41 am

Yeah, that would be bad.
Back to top Go down
Spartan-020
Jiralhanae
Jiralhanae
Spartan-020

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: CE vs. Halo 2   Halo: CE vs. Halo 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 11:46 am

im serious if somebody cant tell the difference then they should get serious help, or give up cause they fail.
Back to top Go down
ORDINATOR
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
ORDINATOR

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: CE vs. Halo 2   Halo: CE vs. Halo 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 7:12 pm

i agree that the heritic elites do look like dragon flys. thats what makes it easier to identify them, and flood are really easy to identify they leap at you unaturally and have whip like arms i dont think anyone gets them confused. i only accidently kill friendlys by throwing grenades too low or they get in the way.
Back to top Go down
Rainbow Chicken 28
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
Rainbow Chicken 28

Female

PostSubject: Re: Halo: CE vs. Halo 2   Halo: CE vs. Halo 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 7:18 pm

But when you're starting out and you don't know what's friend and what's foe unless you pay attention to the targeter, which can sometimes be obscured by stuff...sure, it's easy to tell the difference between Elites and Flood, but that's only coz Flood are ugly. But some of the aliens, for someone new playing it can be hard to tell the difference between what aliens are what. That's another reason why Halo CE was a lot less confusing than Halo 2. Personally, I think the alien friends are stupider than the human friends - and I thought nothing was stupider than them. After you play for a while and look at different types of aliens then you can distinguish them easily, but you can't blame new players for getting confused between the different types of aliens unless they have someone good coaching them.
Back to top Go down
Spartan-020
Jiralhanae
Jiralhanae
Spartan-020

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: CE vs. Halo 2   Halo: CE vs. Halo 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 10:33 pm

well its also a matter of how your brain recognizes the enemy, my first time playing i recognized the enemy because to me they look like dragonflys so its really a matter of finding little tricks and little details that you can recognize at a glance. and of course the targeter helps too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Halo: CE vs. Halo 2   Halo: CE vs. Halo 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Halo: CE vs. Halo 2
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2