The Maw
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Maw

Join the Ultimate Halo forum. Explore the inner depths of the Halo Megastructure, and realize your true potential as the savior of humanity

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Halo: Command and Control Signups.

Go down 
+2
ryknow69
ORDINATOR
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Do we want a RTS
Yes
Halo: Command and Control Signups. Vote_lcap100%Halo: Command and Control Signups. Vote_rcap
 100% [ 3 ]
No
Halo: Command and Control Signups. Vote_lcap0%Halo: Command and Control Signups. Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Lets give it one try
Halo: Command and Control Signups. Vote_lcap0%Halo: Command and Control Signups. Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

AuthorMessage
ORDINATOR
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
ORDINATOR

Male
Number of posts : 1181
Registration date : 2007-07-29

Halo: Command and Control Signups. Empty
PostSubject: Halo: Command and Control Signups.   Halo: Command and Control Signups. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 7:14 am

i had made up a Halo based game, rather simple one, a while ago and I'm curious if people would like to see how it goes and possibly help me make it a bit better. granted there ain't many people who are regular here (let alone people who want to play games) I'm not expecting overwhelming support for it. i reckon it could be fun, though people would have to trust that i wouldn't cheat in it (as i sort of make a lot of
the decisions about results for a battle and stuff)

edit: oh and Avid and PoR you can flat out reject this as it is your site, i would be ok with it.

Added:
Rules for Halo: Command and Control

Clock and Moderator:
I am the clock and moderator. i will state when a turn is ready for posts and wait till everyone has posted to end a turn and state the results of the turn for everyone.
i will also moderate as best as possible.

Starting a Game:
As for now only the Beta exists, till more interest grows all that need be known is that i am hosting the game. (look at setup for further instructions about the start of a game)

Map:
The map is made up on a grid the following table is an example.

Halo: Command and Control Signups. Examplemapcopy-1

Grid Squares:
Each grid square owned by a player gives them 5 Resources (10 if Hill or Trees) these can be used to buy units and buildings. Buildings are placed in the Grid Squares you own and only one building can be in a Grid Square. Unlimited amounts of troops may occupy single grid squares.

To control Grid squares you must have at least one military ground unit on it at all times. If you leave a square vacant you will lose it and everything on it! (buildings become unused and can be captured or retaken, see building rules)

Set Up:
All players start with 5 gird squares these must be requested through posts in the battle topic, they can be separate(its recommended that at least one other tile is touching the HQ tile). Ie: A1, A2, A3, B1, B2. All players must designate a Command Center location and a barracks location, each player gets a basic unit in each starting square. (UNSC Rookie or Covenant Grunt) Each player starts with 100 Resources. Each player should request different colors to represent what they own on the map (symbolized as little Flags). The following must be posted: I ………….. choose grid squares (whatever ones you chose) I place my Command Center/Prophets Temple on (whatever square) and my Barracks/Battle Training Yard on (whatever square) i want the color (whatever color)
i will randomly allocate who gets to pick their Grid Squares First when a battle is organized. to do this people will chose a number on a 6 sided dice and i will roll to see who goes first. (this is where you start to trust me lol. i won't cheat, i won't need to)

Turns:
A Turn is set up basically as this, income, purchasing, movement and attack these may be in different orders (recommended in that order). In a post in the battle thread players will place the following:

Turn number
Commander Name
a list of existing buildings
a list of movements being made
a list of all purchases
a list of cash flow
any assaults made
a list of where your purchased items are being placed.

EG:

Turn 1
Commander: Ryknow69

Buildings:
Prophets Temple on A1

Purchases:
Indust=$20
Indust=$20
Grunt Squad/Unit=$10
Elite Squad/Unit=$21

Cash Flow:
Start Cash = $100
Spent Cash = $71
Remaining = $29
Cash Gained = $35
Final Cash = $64 Left

Troop Movement:
1 Grunt Squad/Unit=A3 to A2
1 Huargok Squad/Unit= A1 to B1
1 Huargok Squad/Unit= A1 to B2

Assaults: no assaults are being made. (attacking empty regions are counted as assaults)

Placement of Purchases
Plasma Generators are under construction on B1 and B2
Grunt and Elite Squads on A3

Please keep track of your turns (in a word file or something) and where everything is.

Income:
Each grid square owned gives a player 5 resources industry increases this to 10 for the square it is on. Trees give $10 to human players and Hills give $10 to covenant. Industry (and equivalent) add to the titles original value eg normal tile will give $15 with industry a Tree title will give $20 (same for hills and Plasma Generators)

Movement:
Each unit may be moved once a turn, units may be moved on transports which then move with the transport at its speed (being an aircraft 3 squares). They move as followed:
Infantry/builders: 1 square.
Vehicles: 2 squares.
Air craft: 3 squares.
Units may only move to a square if it’s connected it can be diagonal or straight. Ie:1 Hugarok Squad/Unit= A1 to B2.
You can not walk onto or through un-owned tiles without a military ground unit being on the same square. ie a Hugarok Squad cannot move from an owned square to a unowned one without a Grunt squad (or other ground unit) either coming with them.

Purchasing:
Halo: Command and Control Signups. PriceTableupdate

Halo: Command and Control Signups. TableforRulesImage3

After purchase infantry must be placed at a barracks (builder types, Engineers and Huragok, come from the HQ ONLY), tanks at the tank factory (includes ghost and warthog etc) aircraft at airstrips. newly purchased units can not move that turn. new building effects Ie Industry effects, do not work till next turn.
A builder type unit must be present on the square to start building. A building is finished after two turns ie building starts turn 1, turn 2 its still going turn 3 its finished and the building takes effect turn 4 (adds to resources or starts training type thing)

Assaults:
Military Units may attack either un-owed plots or enemy ones, a number of units is selected from a square and are moved to the other so long as they are connected (make sure something is left behind or you lose the space and the builders if there is no one on it). Included in the attacks you may request certain tactics like target priories, transports don’t have to participate in the fight. ie of post: I am attacking grid square B2 to B3 with 1 Grunt Unit retreat at 75% loss of wounds, target engineers first. In this case i would randomly chose who comes to protect the engineers, if it was specified what the grunts attacked next that unit would show up. if no tactics are specified i will randomly chose targets and if you target a type of unit that is not there the i will randomly chose the target (unless you have made a list of targets which i would then progress down the list to find the next target) Rule regarding withdrawal you may not withdraw on the first round (note withdraw may not always be possible, withdrawal is not possible for defending forces).
When i finalize the turn i will post the results of combats.
Tanks and planes may attack after they have been moved into a friendly square providing they still have moves left ie: I move my scorpion to grid square from D4 to C4 and then attack B4 with that tank and 4 Marine units. (while there is a peaceful movement in this it is still an assault and should all be done and listed in the assaults part of your post)
If you lose a territory it will be noted in the results. Only Military Ground units make take and hold Squares. Air craft, transports and builders may not take or hold squares.

Defence: As a defender you do not get to specify tactics but you should know what tactics automatically take place.
In the defence builder units will be targeted last, if they are targeted first in the tactics they will go one round of fighting before ally soldiers start to fight (the alarm is raised and the builders run away, soldiers come up to fight) ie grunts attack engineers for one round cause two wounds then round of fighting occurs with grunts now fighting marines.
Defense are to the death your soldiers fight till no one is left standing or they win.

Units Stats:
Bs stands for ballistic skill, this is the skill they use to hit.
S is the units Strength this is its attack value
T is the units toughness this is the defense value, Ar is armour and is the same
At is the unit’s anti-tank this is its attack value against armored units.
W is for Wounds, this is counting the number of troops in the squads.

The flowing is the UNSC Unit Stats:
Halo: Command and Control Signups. HumanChartupdate

The following is the Covenant Unit Stats:
Halo: Command and Control Signups. Covenantchartupdate

Pelicans can carry I vehicle and 1 Mongoose (or 2 Mongooses) and 2 troops.
Phantoms can carry 1 vehicle (2 ghosts) and 2 troops.
Builder types count as Vehicles but move 1.

Building Rules:
The following are the Building Rules:
Halo: Command and Control Signups. TableforRulesImageupdated
Only one building can be in a Grid Square. If buildings are left unattended (ie no ground military units on the same square) then the building can not be used. the building can be reclaimed if you move back on it or take if your enemy moves ground military units onto it. If a human player takes a covenant building or a covenant player takes a human building it is converted to the equivalent building. e.g. Human player takes a covenant plasma generator unchallenged, the plasma generator is then turned into Industry for the human player to use.

Stats Rules:
For those who are wondering how the stats of units affect other units here is an outline of the rules behind it.
Each unit fires once simultaneously ie all units’ fire from both sides casualties are taken from both sides then round two starts.
Bs is based on a 6 sided dice roll. The value needed for a unit to hit is 7 – Bs, eg 7-2 is 5 therefore a 5 or more is needed for the unit to hit.
Once units have hit then it goes onto the S VS T table or the At VS Ar table depending on what the unit type being hit is. The table is based on a 12 sided dice.
The S VS T table is the following:
(The numbers on the chart are the minimum required for the strength going across against the toughness going down eg: attacker S of 4 VS defender T of 3 equals 5+ to be rolled. Dash means cannot hurt)

Halo: Command and Control Signups. TableforRulesImage4

The At VS Ar table is the following:

Halo: Command and Control Signups. TableforRulesImage5

Ending a Game:
To end a game a host may call the game a Draw or if the losing side surrenders to the other side through a post in the battle, all players on a side must agree to the surrender. The game will also end if one side is completely destroyed.

Final Note:
This games rules have not been tested fully before so the first battles will require people to play the game through and give me feed back on how to improve and if there is any stuff to add (expanding the game is also a possibility). And thank you for participating in this game and have fun!

Thanks to Ryknow69 for helping me with the changes to this game and for being the first to try out my idea.

Last edited by ORDINATOR on Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:03 pm; edited 29 times in total
Back to top Go down
ryknow69
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
ryknow69

Male
Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Command and Control Signups.   Halo: Command and Control Signups. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 8:13 am

ehhh, "edit: oh and Avid and PoR you can flat out reject this as it is your site, i would be ok with it." suckup

though this is a good idea, it has complications, like that last one we had, with the territories
Back to top Go down
ORDINATOR
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
ORDINATOR

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Command and Control Signups.   Halo: Command and Control Signups. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 8:23 am

i believe i solved that. wait till you see the rules 4 and a bit A4 sized pages Twisted Evil

yes i know, but its more of a politeness thing.
Back to top Go down
ryknow69
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
ryknow69

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Command and Control Signups.   Halo: Command and Control Signups. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 8:36 am

=/ 4 pages
Back to top Go down
ORDINATOR
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
ORDINATOR

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Command and Control Signups.   Halo: Command and Control Signups. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 8:38 am

hey its a simple version and it explains all the rules, most won't even be used by the players, I'll have to do most of the work. oh and there is pictures and charts included, lots of examples.
Back to top Go down
ryknow69
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
ryknow69

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Command and Control Signups.   Halo: Command and Control Signups. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 8:50 am

damn, u thought this trough <_<
Back to top Go down
ORDINATOR
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
ORDINATOR

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Command and Control Signups.   Halo: Command and Control Signups. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 6:26 pm

yeah, i had Avids attempt and someone else's attempt can't remember the name right now. so i looked at them thought really hard on how to make it more simple by using parts of other games i know.
Back to top Go down
ryknow69
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
ryknow69

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Command and Control Signups.   Halo: Command and Control Signups. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 12:46 pm

ok
Back to top Go down
ORDINATOR
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
ORDINATOR

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Command and Control Signups.   Halo: Command and Control Signups. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 4:55 am

do you want me to post the rules up on here? give people a chance to look over it anyway.
Back to top Go down
ryknow69
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
ryknow69

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Command and Control Signups.   Halo: Command and Control Signups. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 7:07 am

edit 1st post with them
Back to top Go down
ORDINATOR
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
ORDINATOR

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Command and Control Signups.   Halo: Command and Control Signups. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 5:59 am

its been edited. tables stuffed up though. I'll make them images and insert them that way.

Added: YAY the tables thing worked Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ryknow69
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
ryknow69

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Command and Control Signups.   Halo: Command and Control Signups. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 7:34 am

ehh, all ready just skimming it i see problems, this one, im about to state, is not required but would assist in fun, i got a list of Halo vehicles iv dug up from books, most are UNSC, want a look at some? for starters, where does this take place, in space(mostlikely planet with only ground things) a planet(name please Wink ) next here is an example to help add some units to UNSC, GH6 Wolf Light Assault Tank(its assault not battle, must fix weapons list) or MAARLS Wolverine, Cougar AAPC, other types of warthogs, more buildings, i can help u list shit off to add if u want, nice, u added the hornet jumpjet, now can i see more =D
Back to top Go down
ORDINATOR
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
ORDINATOR

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Command and Control Signups.   Halo: Command and Control Signups. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 7:48 am

well it is ground based (i haven't come up with a space based thing yet) and as for the planets name well its any that the players want to name it if they even want to name it anything. the idea was that people could pair up or something and have a game where others don't join in or anything. i wasn't really going to restrict it to any specific planet (i don't know of one that would have possibly hundreds of battles on it, most tend to be one big battle for a part of a planet so yeah)

as for the extra gear, I'm leaving that for expansions, i want to see how the stuff that i got works. if you look at unit stats i've specialized some units to be attackers (ie higher strength) and others to be defenders (ie higher toughness) in the case of the covenant. if you can give me a small list of units and what they would specialize in I'll consider adding a few things.
Back to top Go down
ryknow69
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
ryknow69

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Command and Control Signups.   Halo: Command and Control Signups. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 8:00 am

a small list of UNSC units, ok

MAARLS Wolverine
Cougar AAPC
GH6 Wolf Light Assault Tank
MJ105 G.M.A.C.
RIFT4 Leopard Light Anti-Personnal Tank
GAA8 Sparrowhawk
AE42 Seagull

want covenant?

Type-23 Lear Assault Vehicle
Type-21 Assault Wraith Tank
Type-30 Anti-Air Wraith Tank
Type-31 Spirit Research Dropship
Type-24 Shadow Troop/Vehicle Transport

thats just some, but yea
Back to top Go down
ORDINATOR
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
ORDINATOR

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Command and Control Signups.   Halo: Command and Control Signups. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 8:08 am

ah but what would they specialize in? what advantages dose each of those have over other objects. as there ain't much point having two units that do basically the same job (stats wise)
Back to top Go down
ryknow69
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
ryknow69

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Command and Control Signups.   Halo: Command and Control Signups. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 8:13 am

ok, u can figure stats, do u want to know what weapons they have? to help u decide changes
Back to top Go down
ORDINATOR
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
ORDINATOR

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Command and Control Signups.   Halo: Command and Control Signups. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 8:18 am

well what i need to know is, is the new stuff better or worse at some stuff that i already have on the list, then i can come up with the stats. so lets take the assault wraith first, I'm assuming its better at attacking than a normal one, which means i will boost its strength and lower its toughness (to show its an attack unit so you can plan to attack and have bad luck if your attacked first)
Back to top Go down
ryknow69
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
ryknow69

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Command and Control Signups.   Halo: Command and Control Signups. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 8:20 am

Assault wraith takes 2 pinpoint direct hit lasers instead of mortor, its very useful at flat terrain fighting and can tear tanks to ribbons rather than blowing them to hell
Back to top Go down
AvidWriter117
Gravemind
Gravemind
AvidWriter117

Male
Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Command and Control Signups.   Halo: Command and Control Signups. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 9:30 am

ryknow69 wrote:
ehh, all ready just skimming it i see problems, this one, im about to state, is not required but would assist in fun, i got a list of Halo vehicles iv dug up from books, most are UNSC, want a look at some? for starters, where does this take place, in space(mostlikely planet with only ground things) a planet(name please Wink ) next here is an example to help add some units to UNSC, GH6 Wolf Light Assault Tank(its assault not battle, must fix weapons list) or MAARLS Wolverine, Cougar AAPC, other types of warthogs, more buildings, i can help u list shit off to add if u want, nice, u added the hornet jumpjet, now can i see more =D

Lol, these can all be found on Halopedia.
Back to top Go down
http://halogenerations.heavenforum.com
talrasha
Unngoy
Unngoy
talrasha

Male
Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Command and Control Signups.   Halo: Command and Control Signups. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 5:06 pm

i think i will leave these for further expansion, less fixing up to do if i accidentally made the tanks to strong or something.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/warpfeild
ryknow69
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
ryknow69

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Command and Control Signups.   Halo: Command and Control Signups. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 5:26 pm

yea, and avid, i get them from halopedia, BUT double check by looking in my halo book collection for them, and there they are
Back to top Go down
ORDINATOR
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
ORDINATOR

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Command and Control Signups.   Halo: Command and Control Signups. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 8:41 pm

dam log in thing, yeah what talrasha said there was me. sorry
Back to top Go down
ryknow69
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
ryknow69

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Command and Control Signups.   Halo: Command and Control Signups. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 9:51 pm

roomies? Smile mostlikely, where does chick fit in?
Back to top Go down
ORDINATOR
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
ORDINATOR

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Command and Control Signups.   Halo: Command and Control Signups. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 8:13 am

yeah he's why i've lost part of my room, chick lives a few streets away.
Back to top Go down
ryknow69
Mgalekgolo
Mgalekgolo
ryknow69

Male

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Command and Control Signups.   Halo: Command and Control Signups. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 5:37 pm

daaaa, ok, since you got avids appoval, we go for this, RENAME THE TOPIC, like the others 'Halo: Command And Control Signups' thats a good name, and avid, PoR, aft, Mod of this section, plz lock my RPG signups till RTS is over, thx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Command and Control Signups.   Halo: Command and Control Signups. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Halo: Command and Control Signups.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next